Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation Grants for Fire Departments
Grants for Fire Departments
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation provides grants to fire departments in need of personal safety PSS systems. If your department is in the U.S. or Canada and does not have means to this important safety equipment, please download and submit the 2023 grant application starting on January 1, 2023.
Grant Application Requirements
1. Please fill out the department information and Grant Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement.
2. Submit a brief essay describing your need for personal safety systems (PSS). This should include why your department needs financial support to complete this purchase, number of alarms answered annually, average number of personnel responding on apparatus, and total number of members in your department. Please explain, how will your Department maintain proficiency in the use of your PSS.
Required Support Documentation
The below information must be submitted with your grant request, Address each item and if N/A state so.
1. Demographic information documentation for your response area, including the date of the information stating your median family Income, median home value and poverty rate.
2. Please include an estimate from a vendor for equipment and training (the Foundation does not support a particular system and encourages you to seek competitive bids). The award check will be made out to the vendor and not the department. Note: Grants will not exceed $25,000 per year. Grant requests exceeding $25,000, if approved, will be required to reapply each year.
3. Please explain what type of fundraising you have done/will do in the current year and what total funds you have raised and what funds you expect to raise.
4. Please provide a copy of two most recent years detailed budget, and Actuals.
5. Include any Department Benevolent, Auxiliary, etc., organizations Financials
6. Please provide a signed copy of your most recent Form 990, if applicable. (If you are a municipal department, please state N/A) 501(c)3 need to file with the IRS.
7. A copy of your organization’s “Exempt Form Income Tax” as filed with the IRS if applicable. (If you are a municipal department, please state N/A).
8. For the current year to date, please provide a listing of cash on hand, bonds, CDs, bank accounts, investments, and all monetary assets. If this is listed in your budget, please state so. Include any Benevolent, Auxiliary, Fraternal, etc. Organizations and their complete financials.
9. Volunteer and/or combination departments, please provide a copy of your minutes from your two most recent meetings including the Financial/Treasurer’s report.
10. Provide a listing of any federal, state, or private grants that you have received or will receive or have applied for this year with grant amount.
11. Include a signed notarized statement acknowledging all the items and attachments are truthful by the representative of the Grantee.
In 2014, the Foundation proudly established a grant partnership with The Leary Firefighters Foundation to provide this life-saving equipment and training to firefighters in the New England area.
Grant Applications will be accepted between January 1 – June 30 2023DOWNLOAD THE GRANT PROGRAM APPLICATION
Grantee(s) will be announced at the current Seminar
The following departments have received financial assistance to purchase this life-saving safety equipment and related training.